We are now hiring a Part Time Front Desk Agent at our Best Western Plus location in North Platte, Nebraska. As a front desk agent, you will represent the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout. Awesome customer service skills, a huge smile and a great attitude are the first step to getting this job – because our guest are our number one priority!
Starting pay for this job is $14 per hour.
We are looking for great teammates who are outcome oriented, direct, and comfortable taking the lead. Are you great at working independently, solving problems and accuracy? Are you serious and highly reliable? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! We are growing and looking to add career minded people to our team. We offer on the job training, free uniforms, an awesome benefits package, and a fun work environment. Join our Honest. Hardworking. Team. Apply today!
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not mandatory.
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Maintains customers’ privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.